7.31.2006

Salary in, salary out

Today's not even the first day of the new month...but still it's the day when your bank account fills up again...theoretically.
What happens in reality is today's entrance: salary and today's exit: the same salary. That's how I live! As far as I know (and I really don't know), life is just one, so you'd better enjoy it. If you're broke by the 10th of the month, so be it!
Sweet, oh, sweet life!
Grown-up life, among other things, means that the 1st of the month becomes the day you wait for, you start hating the Mondays, all of the sudden, you become an expert in paying taxes and eventually in avoiding that...and if you really, really want to fit perfectly the pattern, then you should know everything about fixing pipes and building houses, having kids and a nagging wife and where can you find the cheapest hotels in Italy or Greece.
Anything I left out?

"Money, its a crime.
Share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise its no surprise that they're
Giving none away
."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd write a haiku for that, but I don't have nearly enough money to do that :D

Anonymous said...

comparing this to a frelancer's life free to do anything... u motivate me my subhuman friend :P

satya

Antarya said...

well, don't rub it, my superhuman friend :)