12.14.2006

The dilemma

Very often I've admired the ones who go for exactly what they want in life, regardless of the lack of comfort. The ones who know themselves well enough to see what they're made for and go for that, taking life by the horns or enjoying the ride, no matter how cruel the universe seems to them...But most of these are not foreseen.
I strongly believe that comfort makes you numb and stupid, that most of the times extreme pain causes beauty in spirit, that extreme situations make you evolve.
But if you see and know already that the ocean in front of you is trouble, the waters are dark and have no idea how deep they run, would you still swim into it?
On the other side is another you that you want to reach, if you make it through the journey. You might drown, you might find another strength, you might immerse into another world...but there's a faint possibility to reach that shore, the other you.
What would you do?

6 comments:

Anonymous coward said...

I like to ask, every one and a while, why is evolving such a big deal. Although not in the same context, I'd still put myself in the "i-see-trouble-ahead-but-i-do-not-mind".

Antarya said...

it's all extremly relative and "i-see-trouble-ahead-but-i-do-not-mind" really depends on the situation and the kind of things you are ready to let go. i know i havent been very descriptive about the nature of the problem, but it's really not easy to deal with it at all levels.
its not only a question of evolving. thats just one level.
...sigh...sigh...sigh...

Anonymous said...

The fact that we have the free will to choose what we do in life is a wonderful gift. I try to live in the now and live it to the fullest...but I am very aware of my surroundings and try to ensure I do not hurt anyone in the process of my journey. That is the only thing that would prevent me from jumping in...that is, if it would bring others pain or suffering in the process.
I enjoyed the post...makes you think...8)

Honeybee

Anonymous coward said...

I agree that it depends strongly on the situation. My situation, irrevocably, is towards relationships. Or the lack of them, but that is not relevant now.

But I agree with Honeybee, on some level. Although from time to time it is required for one to hurt another, it is always best to avoid doing so.

Still, so extremely relative.

Anonymous said...

sometimes it's just impossible not to hurt the others, the ones that are close to you, for their own good or for preventing the worse.
but what i always try to do, if pain cannot be avoided, I'll suffer for them too...
that's the best i can do.
antarya

Anonymous said...

Very true, definitely depends on the situation and there are instances when we must hurt someone...for their own good. The pain they suffer is then also felt by us. I think in sharing the pain it somehow lessens it...at least it is nice to think so.
Honeybee